Mr. OBADINA Akinbode, an indigene of Lagos Island of Lagos State joined the Lagos State Civil Service in September 2001 as an Administrative Officer II GL08 following a brief sojourn in the private sector Nigerian economy where he had acquired significant experience in the media and tele-communication sub-sectors.
Akinbode Obadina is presently the Private Secretary to the Head of the State Public Service, a position he occupied since January 2015. Prior to this appointment, he worked in the State Cabinet Office from 2001 – 2005 as the most junior Officer on the Secretariat of the State Executive Council, the Ministry of Economic Planning & Budget from 2005 -2008 where he served as a Projects Monitoring & Inspection Officer and later in the Governor’s Office from January 2009 – December 2014 as Administrative Secretary on the Standing Committee on Federal Government & Lagos State Government Relations.He had also been called upon to serve in other capacities on numerous other occasions. Some of these assignments are as listed here under:
- Secretary, Stakeholders Conference on ‘’The Consolidation of the Registration of titles laws of Lagos State’’ chaired by the Honorable Attorney General & Commissioner for Justice, Lagos State Government. (Nov. 2009)
- Secretary, Leadership Transition Committee of the Governors’ Forum chaired by His Excellency, the Governor of the State – Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN. (Nov. 2010)
- Secretary, Governor’s Forum Committee on the Review of Revenue Allocation formula chaired by His Excellency, the Governor of Lagos State Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN. (Mar.2011)
- Secretary, 4th Retreat of the Lagos State Executive Council and Permanent Secretaries presided over by His Excellency, the Governor of Lagos State Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN. (Jan. 2013)
- Secretary, Retreat of State Universal Basic Education Board, L/G Education Secretaries & other Stakeholders on ‘’ Schools improvement Programme in Lagos State’’ chaired by the Hon. Commissioner, Ministry of Education, Lagos State Government (Feb.2013)
- Secretary, Retreat for Members of Commissions, Boards & Other Related Agencies in charge of Human Resource Management in Lagos State chaired by His Excellency, the Governor of Lagos State – Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN. (May 2013)
- Secretary, 2 Weeks Study Tour of Lagos State By Participants of the Senior Executive Course (Sec) 36, of the National Institute For Policy & Strategic Studies (NIPSS), Kuru from 27April – May 2014.
- Secretary, 5th & 6th Retreats of the Lagos State Executive Council and Body of Permanent Secretaries presided over by His Excellency, Governor of Lagos State-Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN. (2014)
- Secretary, 7th Annual Lagos State Accountant’s Retreat held from Thursday 18 to Sunday 2 September, 2014 at the Orchid Hotels Lekki, Lagos (August 2014)
- Mr. Obadina has attended various courses some of which include Policy, Strategy & Leadership Course, at the National Institute for Policy & Strategy Studies (NIPSS) where he was adjudged Outstanding by the Institute; others are Advanced Management Course for Administrative Officers, Effective Budgeting, Human Resource Management, Project Planning and Management e.t.c.
- Mr. Obadina is a devout Christian, a lover of sports; he is happily married with children. At his leisure, he enjoys gardening, reading, music and football.